Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Oodles of Doodles Easter Basket





Template may be purchased HERE. This is a fun little springtime project to make with your child or for your child. I started with a square of board that is used to mount photos, but poster board would work just as well. I divided my square into nine small squares and used markers to doodle the flower pattern. I flipped it over and drew in the yellow stripes, cut out another piece for the handle and also decorated that piece. I cut along the green lines that are indicated in my diagram below and used a bone folder to score along the dashed line. Holes were punched in the small blue circles so that paper fasteners or brads can join the sides and the handle. I used a little white glue to secure the sides. Add a little bunny mask to your basket here.
Featured on The Crafty Crow!

8 comments:

  1. This is great! If only my doodles looked as good as yours! Do you have an tutorials on becoming a good doodler???
    Just posted on Craft Gossip!

    http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=5762

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! I'm thinking I'm too lazy to doodle ---- wondering if I can find pretty 12x12 cardstock... thank you -- I do appreciate your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a good idea with us!!

    Regards from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! What a nice simple basket to make, bookmarked for later :)
    And your doodles are AWESOME!! I love paisley :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this paisley pattern Vicki. I'm enjoying looking at this blog which for some reason I hadn't come across before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, have made them with my kids for easter baskets for our easter egg hunt on Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great. Thanks for letting me know that you were able to put the tutorial to use!

    ReplyDelete